Situated on 267 acres of rolling hills and woodlands, with a picturesque lake as its centerpiece, the Jacobs Camp’s grounds provide a relaxing, natural setting to experience the summer. And, our modern facility, including more than 30 buildings and a diverse range of recreational spaces, all of which are fully-accessible, insures we have a place for everyone to have a great time!
Campers are divided by age group into cabins of around 12 kids and 2-3 counselors. Our cabins are clean and spacious, giving each camper their own personal space, while encouraging community and bonding among cabinmates. Bathrooms are located in each cabin building, and all cabins are air conditioned to keep campers comfortable.
- Grant-Meyer Softball field
- Soccer field
- Basketball court
- Volleyball court with a grass surface
- Ga-Ga (a.k.a. Israeli dodgeball) pit
- Kickball field
- Tennis courts (3)
- Disc Golf course ranging through the entire camp
Grant-Meyer Adventure Area: Jacobs Camp has the best challenge course in all of Mississippi! The course includes:
- 50' Alpine Climbing Tower - the only one in the state of Mississippi!
- High ropes course with 9 different elements
- Low ropes challenge course with 15 different elements
- 35' outdoor climbing wall
- Zip line
- Giant swing
The Performing Arts Center (JPAC): This beautiful building is one of our newest facilities, as renovation was completed in Summer 2013. The centerpiece of the building is the main auditorium - with professional light & sound that is perfect for lectures, programs, productions, and worship services. The building also has two dance studios, a music/recording studio, and a rehearsal/green room - all of which can be used as breakout rooms.
The Techneon Program Building (Techneon): This multi-purpose building serves as home to the camp's digital media programs. It is home to Jacobs Camp Radio, 100.3 FM, our ham radio station, our digital photography & video labs, and two breakout rooms - plus our dance studio.
Theodore (Ted) Levi Creative Arts & Crafts Center: Our creative arts center includes a large air-conditioned main room, two small classrooms, and a large porch, and a test kitchen where campers create delicious new recipes.
Trails : Throughout our grounds, there are hiking and biking trails that allow for some amazing outdoor encounters.
Lake Gary: Situated in the center of Camp, Lake Gary is not only a beautiful place, but a great site for recreation! Completely redone in 2007, Lake Gary is home to:
- “The Blob”
- The "Wet Willie" Waterslide
- "The Iceberg"
- "The Obstacle Course"
- "The Rock-It"
- A Fishing Pier
- A Marina, home to our canoes, kayaks, paddleboats, and our 16-passenger "war canoe"
- A beautiful walking path that encircles almost the entire perimeter of the lake, and is a wonderful way to take in the beauty
Swimming Pool (B'recha): Our outdoor Z-shaped pool is big, able to accomodate the whole camp at once! The pool includes:
- A zero-grade entry shallow end, complete with three water features.
- A main swimming area long-enough for competitive swimming events.
- A deep end that is home to our two Aquaclimbs.
- A large deck area, complete with a shaded gazebo and a permanent sound system.
- A Pool House with boys' and girls' bathrooms and changing rooms.