Job Description – Photographer
Background: The URJ Henry S. Jacobs Camp is a residential, Jewish summer camp located in Utica, MS that serves campers ages 7-16, who spend between ten days and six weeks on-site during the summer. We strive to create a healthy, nurturing environment for campers and staff to try new activities, build meaningful relationships, and grow their Jewish identities. We are seeking a qualified candidate to join our team as the Photographer.
- Strong background and experience in photography.
- Desire and ability to work with adults and children in a camp setting.
- Ability to stay organized.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to give & take constructive criticism.
- Experience using Adobe Photoshop or other photo editing software.
- Must be self-starter and willing to learn.
- Capture great camp moments on camera
- Collect multiple 100’s of pictures each day
- Upload photographs online for parents to view
- Work with the videographer to create end of week and end of session slideshows
- Complete other tasks as assigned.
- Exercise good judgment and safety consciousness at all times. Act as role-model for safety with staff and campers.
- Attend in-camp training sessions and staff meetings as required.
Designated Supervisor: Director of Marketing and Hospitality